Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
03-20-2015, 07:13 AM
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal
(03-19-2015 09:03 AM)Les Bell Wrote:  
(03-19-2015 07:08 AM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  PS... Python is on-board; as well the gcc compiler! ... whoohoo, toys!
That's the killer language for number-crunching professionals; I've said before that I love the 71B, but if building something in that format today, I'd build it around Python and not BASIC.
Code:

In [1]: (0+1j)**(0+1j)
Out[1]: (0.20787957635076193+0j)
In [2]:
With NumPy and SciPy, it would be hog heaven. And it looks like the Edison would be a great platform.

Yes. I will be testing pdeclib on this puppy soon... I have been waiting a year and a half to embed pdeclib in a real calculator platform (other than my phone, where it has been running for almost two years). One of the thoughts I have had for the improvement of hand-held calcs is to allow the user to specify arbitrary precision (within reasonable limits). The decimal library I use on my linux systems allows for that easily; it might be time to move that into a calculator.

Calculators of the past allow for configuring the number of digits the user may display... but not the number for intermediate results. WP34s comes close to this with double precision, allowing for scroll. But, what if I allow for 200 digits, and scroll?

I'm not sure why, but they shipped the edison with python2. I wish vendors would stop that! Just install python3 and be done. The decimal library does not have the speed in python2. I'll fix that.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Intel Edison generic calculator shield photo journal - MarkHaysHarris777 - 03-20-2015 07:13 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)