PrimeComm uncovers something weird in a Program file
03-18-2015, 02:36 AM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2015 02:43 AM by Han.)
RE: PrimeComm uncovers something weird in a Program file
(03-18-2015 01:35 AM)bobkrohn Wrote:  I opened my large program in PrimeComm Editor.
I noticed some odd characters at the very first part of the file.
There is a Chinese character then what looks like an ASCII representation of an ASCII Control code.
In this case "EOT" or ASCII code 04

I have attached a screen capture of the PrimeComm Editor.

Looked at some past Backups (of same .hpprgm) and I'm seeing different but similar stuff.

These characters do NOT show up in other of my .hpprgm files.

These characters do NOT show up in the Connectivity Kit Program Editor.

I have not yet tried deleting them and saving the file from PrimeComm.

Another question:
Is everybody comfortable with doing all editing from within PrimeComm?
Then saving the file to the calculator?
Are you ACTUALLY doing this?

Thank You

I will send a PM to the author of PrimeComm

In general, I use a plain text editor, nothing fancy. Then I simply copy/paste into the virtual calc. And if I want to send it to my calculator, I send it from virtual calc to actual calculator.

I am surprised that you continue to use backups if you have no way to verify that the backups themselves are bug free. The post above seems to suggest that your backups themselves may be the source of your issues. I recommend cleaning out your state files for the virtual calc and only copying the text-only source code into the virtual calc. Only then will you know that you have an absolutely pristine state. If it works there, then it should work similarly on the actual hardware (knock on wood). And before sending it to the hardware, I also recommend doing a factory reset there, too (formatting). If you've done all that and both virtual calc and hardware are misbehaving, then it's pretty clear that you have run into a bug. Otherwise, you may as well ask whether the chicken or the egg came first.

Graph 3D | QPI | SolveSys
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PrimeComm uncovers something weird in a Program file - Han - 03-18-2015 02:36 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)