Table capability?
03-12-2015, 01:08 AM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2015 01:10 AM by BarryMead.)
RE: Table capability?
(03-11-2015 06:23 PM)lrdheat Wrote:  Hi Barry,

Let's say I've put something simple like x^2 * sin(x) into say, 'F0'. How do I get "show" to increment this function up or down by some desired amount, and easily change step size and if I'm scrolling up or down by my given increment? As I understand it, "show" simply scrolls up or down through the stack and memory registers. I want to take advantage of the 2 line ability that the 34S has (as demonstrated by it's display of complex numbers).

I already wrote programs to increment up and down, 1 for steps of 1, another for steps of .1.

What would be real handy would be for the 2 line display to be capable of showing the current, and last increment f(x) value simultaneously to make it easier to find a point of interest on the function being examined. Do you know how to accomplish this?

As an addendum, my programs allow me to use x<>y to find "x" value for the f(x) values being displayed. I wonder if this would be doable on the table that I'm asking about?
You can easily write programs to advance a function by any increment you choose, each time you press the R/S (Run/Stop) key. If you want to get really fancy, you can write programs that READ the keys on the keyboard, and do special things based on these key codes. If you can imagine it, it can be written. Of course you can always output the results of interest into memory registers with indirect addressing and then use the "SHOW" button to review the results as a "TABLE". I am not sure I understand what feature or function you are asking the calculator to do that it doesn't do already?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Table capability? - lrdheat - 03-11-2015, 04:56 PM
RE: Table capability? - BarryMead - 03-11-2015, 05:01 PM
RE: Table capability? - lrdheat - 03-11-2015, 06:23 PM
RE: Table capability? - BarryMead - 03-12-2015 01:08 AM
RE: Table capability? - Marcus von Cube - 03-12-2015, 07:31 AM
RE: Table capability? - lrdheat - 03-12-2015, 02:46 AM
RE: Table capability? - BarryMead - 03-12-2015, 05:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)