How many Years Months and Days ?
03-13-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: How many Years Months and Days ?
(03-13-2015 10:48 AM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  I agree with you, one more or less it is not really important in the current live.
But i have poste a program for Prime named DAMJ witch give 1Y 3M and 26D.

Yes, I remember.

(03-13-2015 10:48 AM)ggauny@live.fr Wrote:  May be it exist a program that is really exact but i don't. You surely you know...

Maybe I was not clear enough in my previous post. The essential point here is: there is not just one single "exact" solution. There are at least two possible ways to look at the problem, and at least two solutions can be considered exact. Take a look at the example in my last post. Both 29 and 26 days are equally correct answers. The first method accounts for the number of days in May (=31), the second solution is based on the number of days in February (=28). That's why the results differ by three days. But both results are equally correct.

Your simplified method uses 30 days for every month, so it returns 28 days. There also is a similar function in Excel (DATEDIF). That one is based on 31 days for every month, so it returns 29 days here. Which again proves that Excel really is no reference in terms of mathematics. ;-)

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many Years Months and Days ? - Dieter - 03-13-2015 08:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)