Does the HP-35S need a 'guide for dummies' how-to guide?
03-08-2015, 01:58 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 02:03 PM by Dieter.)
RE: Does the HP-35S need a 'guide for dummies' how-to guide?
(03-08-2015 12:11 PM)MagyarBoy Wrote:  I'm posting to ask about the HP-35S. AFAIK there is no 'HP-35S for Dummies' type of manual, that assumes the user needs handholding and spoon-feeding, to learn the operation and programming of this calculator. Is this right?

I don't think so. There is a substantial number of training modules for the 35s. Each document addresses a particular topic. An overview with dozens of PDFs can be found on the HP website. They start at the very basics of using RPN and continue with more advanced features and special topics.

(03-08-2015 12:11 PM)MagyarBoy Wrote:  Please let me know what you think. How did *you* learn to use the HP-35S, if you have one?

I have been using a 34C since 1980. ;-)

At that time HP's calculators came with three printed manuals. First, a very complete one with details on every single function, programming and other internals, then a collection of user programs, and finally a concise but informative manual on working with RPN and HP's scientific calculators in general.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does the HP-35S need a 'guide for dummies' how-to guide? - Dieter - 03-08-2015 01:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)