WP 34S problem in solving f'(x)=0
02-20-2015, 07:38 PM
RE: WP 34S problem in solving f'(x)=0
(02-20-2015 01:15 PM)walter b Wrote:  Ok, let me summarize as I understand it:
  • The WP 34S HW & FW as available in the net (various sources) requires some invest.
  • Powering it costs some money for batteries.
  • The comprehensive information to operate it shall be free?
Just want to make sure I didn't get you wrong.

First of all I do not think it makes sense to offer an outdated manual that does not reflect the current software status.

But anyway: the WP34s software is free. Every contribution to the code was donated by the programmers - from the essentials of hardware control down to single algorithms humbly contributed by myself. I think the documentation is a part of this software, and the electronic version of a manual (which IMHO is required to use the software) should be free.

A printed manual is another story. If you want a "real" physical manual it is obvious that this cannot be given away for free - like any other book. If you lose the manual of your camera, your TV set or even your toaster, a new printed manual will cost you some money. A PDF, on the other hand, usually is free even for commercial products. Lost your EOS manual? Have your dealer order a new one for 20 EUR. A PDF is fine? Simply download it from Canon's website. Do you use a free image editor like Gimp? The documentation is free as well. Need a comprehensive tutorial on picture editing with this software? Buy a book.

Just my 2¢.

Dieter
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP 34S problem in solving f'(x)=0 - Dieter - 02-20-2015 07:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)