[34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
02-20-2015, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2015 02:45 AM by BarryMead.)
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
(02-16-2015 08:51 PM)Paul Dale Wrote:  From scratch, it would be much easier to implement and get right.

From the current base, the worst part would be exterminating all of the odd-ball cases throughout the code that support stack lifting. It is a rather ad-hoc mixture and quite pervasive.

- Pauli
I know what Paul is saying. It is the "odd-ball cases throughout the code" that make this a complex issue. Special individual case by case behaviors have been "Fine Tuned" to perform in the most logical way to make the user interface SEEM logical and easy to use. There are lots of special cases and adding a whole new stack lift and entry system would require the same "Fine Tuning" on a case by case basis for many "odd-ball" cases. As I said the behavior is NOT AS SIMPLE AS IT APPEARS TO BE. The Enter key is not the whole picture, the stack lifts (or not) according to a very complex set of case by case rules. The "Backspace" example just discussed is only one of the many individual case-by-case "Finely Tuned" behaviors that could be BROKEN by a new stack lift/entry system. I would like to suggest that this feature be postponed until the 43S project.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack - BarryMead - 02-20-2015 02:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)