[34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
02-18-2015, 08:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2015 08:59 PM by BarryMead.)
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
(02-18-2015 07:13 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  
(02-18-2015 06:06 PM)Bit Wrote:  That's a valuable idea (although Einstein probably phrased it differently) but by all accounts he was talking about scientific theories, and not about machines or about options provided to people... Big Grin
I have to agree with Walter (if I understood correctly) that a second, parallel implementation of an entry method makes things more complex and thus more prone to bugs. And as most users will likely use one method exclusively, it splits the set of potential beta testers ;-).
Having worked on Torsten Manz's HP-15C simulator, I can attest to the complexity and myriad of bugs that surround the deeply embedded issue of STACK LIFT (It is a nightmare). Adding additional stack lift modes would greatly increase the potential for bugs in hundreds of places in the calculator, and would at least double the difficulty of testing and maintaining library functions or collections of user programs.
This is based on my personal experience with a much simpler calculator than the WP-34S. To preserve the overall integrity of the project, I would recommend against such a change.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack - BarryMead - 02-18-2015 08:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)