[34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
02-15-2015, 11:38 PM
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack
(02-15-2015 11:07 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  
(02-15-2015 10:52 PM)Bit Wrote:  Which "flag 50" are you referring to? Flag 50 in UState controls Y register display and is free only if Y register display is either completely disabled or permanently enabled.
Okay, so it has been occupied recently, unfortunately (but for a good purpose! Smile

My choice of flag 50 was based on revision 3.1 of the manual as newer versions are only available as printed manual, AFAIK.
It's best to check the source code, such things might even have changed since version 3.3 was released.

It's unfortunate that newer versions of the manual aren't available as PDFs, and preferably in the original editable format as well. That's pretty much the only component of this project that isn't open-source. Walter would know the reason, perhaps there's some contractual obligation with the publisher.

I have the spiral bound printed manual and while it's nice and well made, most of the time I use the PDF because it's just so much faster to navigate: you can search and click on links.

(02-15-2015 11:07 PM)matthiaspaul Wrote:  
(02-15-2015 10:52 PM)Bit Wrote:  Both features could be useful IMO. However, why not make them independently configurable? Someone who's used to the RPN ENTER might want to use an 'infinite' stack.
Sure, but I was living under the impression that we are limited to 64 flags for some reasons. If we can extend UState beyond that, things would certainly become easier (also in other areas).
As far as I can see, you'd need to sacrifice something in order to increase the number of internal flags. Some of the user flags would be an obvious choice as there are way more of them than most people would ever need.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [34S] Proposal for Entry RPN mode with dynamic stack - Bit - 02-15-2015 11:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)