Request to Compile Utilities for 41CL
02-15-2015, 04:56 AM
RE: Request to Compile Utilities for 41CL
(02-14-2015 11:48 PM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  
(02-14-2015 11:35 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  On the 41CL website, there are a pair of programs (here) for transferring files via serial port between a PC and 41CL system, however only .NET Framework C source files are supplied. Could some kind Windows C-compiler-equipped member please build .exe files for Windows-7 x64?

As no other info is available on that page, or in the source files, I assume (as dangerous as that is) that these are simple console Win32 apps.

Perhaps other existing tools have been used to do this as well?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Here you go.

The two programs compiled clean using the command lines provided. I make no guarantee that the exe's work. Please let us know.

Well now, that was quick. Thanks Mark!

They run as-is without arguments, and produce the usage message, but I won't have my CL board for a couple days; shortly after getting it assembled into a host machine and configuring it, I'll attempt some downloads and let you know how they work.

When run with arguments, e.g. "clreader some.fil COM1 9600" it errors with

Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the port 'COM
1' is denied.
at System.IO.Ports.InternalResources.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)
at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity
parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeou
t, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNul
l, Byte parityReplace)
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open()
at CLReader.Main(String[] args)

I do have COM1: available, but perhaps it needs to be run from a command prompt with Admin priviledges?

More after some testing with the CL.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request to Compile Utilities for 41CL - rprosperi - 02-15-2015 04:56 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)