WP34s Power Proc-Speed Performance
02-13-2015, 10:01 PM
RE: WP34s Power Proc-Speed Performance
Greetings, having completed my first pass at making a power-plug for a stand-alone battery pack (for updating, long loops, &c) decided to post a pic with my update on the power requirements of my 20b wp34s in a tight loop:

[Image: wp34s_metrics.jpg]

The program is the same as above; however, I had to set the counter much higher to gain some time for manipulating the camera. The battery pack is attached through a bass wood plug with appropriate brass fittings (glued in place with wood modeling cement). I intercepted the current flow at the battery terminal for connection to the Triplett VOM, and took this pic while running the counted NOP loop. The run exited in 9.0 seconds flat with a load voltage drop of 3.0v and a steady current of 19mA ( I have the meter set on the 60 mA scale, look at the inside track ). So we're looking at 57 mW for this test.

Obviously 20 mA is too much drain to be expected from coin cells (even two of them) for very long. I need to make my battery pack a little more permanent so that I can reliably use it for extended runs, for updating, and for program and data tranfers peer to peer. I'm actually thinking of a battery docking station (yes, in a cigar box) with battery pack, mA meter, cabling and IR transmitter (need to give that some more thought).

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34s Power Proc-Speed Performance - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-13-2015 10:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)