HP35s Serial Numbers Interesting Observation
02-15-2015, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2015 07:19 PM by MarkHaysHarris777.)
RE: HP35s Serial Numbers Interesting Observation
(02-15-2015 01:14 PM)Tugdual Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 10:15 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  I noticed something interesting; each of them has the same serial number sticker!(?)!
unit A: CNA44716YZ
unit B: CNA44716XZ
It is weird, mine has no letter CNA +8digits

Also if you check here http://www.hpmuseum.org/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/...ead=120193 you see that most people have CNA +8 digits
May be you have a new set (with bugs fixed ?)?

I was initially hopeful of that possibility, naturally. Have you run the self-test on your unit yet (hold the [C] [XEQ] keys together to enter the test)? The first part of the test takes you through some display(s) to check the LCD. The second part of the test allows you to check each of the keys on the keyboard.
1) [C] [XEQ] (hold at the same time)
2) press any key eight times (this checks the LCD)
2b) ... on the eighth keypress watch VERY carefully on the left
you'll see the HP copyright notice, and the firmware date (2007)
3) press each key in sequence left to right top to bottom (the cursor keys < ^ > are considered on the top row)

The test will end with 35s OK or 35s Fail.

Both of my units have a firmware date of (2007); although, they appear to have been manufactured in late November 2014.

Neither here, nor there, both of my units demonstrate the documented quirks; although, I have not yet checked the lock-up scenario... maybe later today.

PS You can put the unit into an autonomous sef-test used at the factory by pressing [C] [MODE] together... press any key to exit

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP35s Serial Numbers Interesting Observation - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-15-2015 06:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)