Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD
02-21-2015, 08:50 PM
RE: Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD
(02-12-2015 08:14 PM)walter b Wrote:  Merci Didier, you were faster than me. That errata sheet was published in January 2014.

In that case, I don't believe that the error on page 124 of the Firmware v3.2 manual has been identified. The example of computing \(\Sigma_{k=1}^{100}\sqrt{k}\) is actually an example of calculating \(\Sigma_{k=0}^{100}\sqrt{k}\). The likelihood that the reader will be misled is potentially increased by the fact that the result is, of course, the same.

Also, I believe that the documentation should warn the reader about all operations, like \(\Sigma\) and \(\Pi\), that clear or otherwise invalidate the stack. The warning should be similar to the one provided for f'(x), preferably improved to not assume that the stack size is 4. It also might be helpful to change the worked \(\Sigma\) example to \(\Sigma_{k=1}^{100}\sqrt{k} + \Sigma_{k=201}^{300}\sqrt{k}\). or something similar, as a way of conveying to the reader that the stack cannot be relied on to hold intermediate results.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Both WP 31S and WP 34S manuals now available for individual POD - DMaier - 02-21-2015 08:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)