Thread Closed 
WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe
02-13-2015, 04:14 AM
RE: WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe
(02-13-2015 03:21 AM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  
(02-13-2015 02:19 AM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  Based on the threaded view, the comment was directed at MarkHaysHarris777. This poster's frequent "stream of consciousness" (bewusstseinsstrom?) posting style has been the source of Walter's criticism in the past.

Thanks Mark H. I hadn't caught the history. I sometimes miss things I shouldn't.
(Edit: BTW Mark: bewusstseinsstrom! I really honestly love those paragraph-in-a-single-word German words. English has almost none and we're the poorer for it.)

MarkHaysHarris777; Congratulations. You have just joined the largest and least exclusive sub-group in this forum. It includes all three Moderators, some of the most interesting posters, and the occasional newbie who just wanders away thinking we're all like that.

Guilty as charged. In my theological studies at Bethel (St. Paul) I ran up against thousands of paragraph-in-a-single-word-German words; you have no idea! Read Immanuel Kant sometime, or Jürgen Moltmann, its absolutely amazing. I thought if one might learn the original German, then the author (those listed above) would become more intelligible... nope; not even. ... very smart guys, if one might understand them.

I appreciate Walter's RTFM comment, frankly. He has spent 100's of hours perfecting a manual that will answer questions of all kinds, only to be asked all kinds of questions (all of which may be found in the manual). Its a conundrum.

Having said that, I must tell you-- I read everything; eventually. When I ask a question of the 'expert,' or 'author,' or chief programmer (whatever) I am usually seeking more than the answer I could obtain from the manual. I am usually inviting dialogue out of which I hope to glean not only 'the answer,' but perspective as well-- the difference between knowledge and wisdom.

bewusstseinsstrom! I googled it. I read everything I could find about it. It made me yearn for Tolstoy; and Jürgen Moltmann.

Cheers,
marcus
Smile

Kind regards,
marcus
Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: WP34S (SENDL) Is it Practical/Possibe - MarkHaysHarris777 - 02-13-2015 04:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)