Zengrange Zenwand for HP-71B: Questions
02-07-2015, 01:53 AM
RE: Zengrange Zenwand for HP-71B: Questions
(02-06-2015 08:26 PM)anetzer Wrote:  1.
http://www.hpmuseum.org/software/swcds.htm
mentions a "Zenwand-71 Owner's Manual" as content of that disc. I own Ed. 7.00 of the DVD Set but can't find that manual there. Am I missing something? I would like to do some reading. Can anybody help?

I was never included in the v7 and it's not even mentioned in v8.
Tony Duell posted some of the wand commands here.
I have two ZenWand and have searched several times for the manual but never found it on the net. 8-(

(02-06-2015 08:26 PM)anetzer Wrote:  2.
I can find hardly any HP-71B related barcode links on the web which does not surprise me, but is disappointing nevertheless. I would have hoped for some programs in barcode form or software to convert listings into barcode. Anybody anything there?

Like Robert posted, the ZenWand was made to read commercial/retail bar codes like code11, code39, codabar and so on.
Unfortunately, it was never made to support paper program loading like the HP-41 Wand.
BTW the HP-75D Wand has the same limitation as the ZenWand.

(02-06-2015 08:26 PM)anetzer Wrote:  3.
Can anybody clarify, whether there where indeed different versions of the Zenwand: One commercial and the other proprietory to the British DHSS (I found mine in the UK...)? Are they indeed different? Some of the commands I found "do something", when I try them on mine, others don't...

There is a conversation here that highlight the differences.

Best regards,

Sylvain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Zengrange Zenwand for HP-71B: Questions - Sylvain Cote - 02-07-2015 01:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)