What's This Program?
01-30-2015, 05:39 AM
What's This Program?
In a few weeks' time I've got to teach a class on cryptography, and I thought I would add some extra material on number theory. In order to quickly demonstrate the Euclidean Algorithm for finding the Greatest Common Divisor of two integers, I wrote a short program which gives me the numbers for each iteration of the algorithm - this will make it easy to demonstrate on the whiteboard for any suggested numbers.

I did it for the 41CX first of all, but then I realised I'd probably be carrying a 16C to that class, and did a quick rewrite for it. Having already done a Java program, I quickly rewrote that for the 71B. Now on a roll, I reached for the 11C in my drawer - and this is where the story really starts.

The 11C obviously has a program already in it - pressing g P/R shows "001 - 42,21,11" (f LBL A). The first question now is: which program? It's been a while since I last used it, but I might want to keep that program. And the second question is: which labels does it use - can I just BST to the end and carry on with f LBL B?

What tricks do people use for identifying programs or labeling them, or otherwise making it easy to determine which programs are in those early "continuous memory" but non- or limited-alpha calculators? I have a small notebook which contains recently-written short programs for my Voyagers; I suppose I could stick a Post-It on the back of the calculator to record which program is in there. But do people have any smarter tricks?

I bet you do . . . Wink

--- Les
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What's This Program? - Les Bell - 01-30-2015 05:39 AM
RE: What's This Program? - Paul Dale - 01-30-2015, 06:36 AM
RE: What's This Program? - Dieter - 01-30-2015, 07:06 AM
RE: What's This Program? - r. pienne - 01-30-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: What's This Program? - Geoff Quickfall - 01-31-2015, 12:29 AM
RE: What's This Program? - Les Bell - 02-02-2015, 05:54 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)