Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
02-14-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
(02-14-2015 03:27 PM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  Here is the second installment of this ambitious project: the BookAPS ROM & Module, including programs from the Wickes, Wlodek and Deering books - as many as those sent to me on the virtual drives.

Just one exception: who needs yet another KA program??? Every book has one or several versions of them, so i made an executive decision and left out the one in the Tips & Routines book. Shout if this isn't OK for you.

Calls to sub functions still use alpha labels. They could be converted to XROM but first I want to make sure we're all ok with the following choices:

- FAT function order is alphabetical - this is the least confusing to me.
- XROM#id is also 17 - same as the previous PPC_APPS.

Can you all live with that?

So I'm doing my part, what about a global index/inventory anyone??

Cheers,
'AM

This is great news Angel, thanks for cranking out another intersting ROM to test. Do you ever sleep?

All the choices you made are sensible, it's unlikley anyone needs both PPC_APPS and BOOK_APPs loaded at the same time.

I can't load it now as CL is in the mail, but a quick question about the FAT function order: Are they grouped by Book/Author (with Enter to step thru the Fns inside that book)? If this is more work, its fine as-is, as long as there is no Fn name collision among the books.

Lastly, unlike the PPC_APPS files, where the source is obvious, I suggest it would be helpful to include a tiny text file in the distribuion .zip which simply lists Author/Titles of the books whose programs are included in this MOD file.

Maybe name it BOOKAPS1 in anticipation of volume 2 once additonal books' progams have been scanned and submitted.

I assume that most of these programs have never been run by most users, simply due to the incovenience of entering them. The authors would never have guessed that their programs would see a resurgence in usage 30+ years later.

Thanks for your tireless contributions. Will load it in go41cx tomorrow to check in the emulator and send feedback if problems, and then in a CL once built and I figure out how to download and install this.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested - rprosperi - 02-14-2015 05:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)