Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
02-13-2015, 04:00 AM
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
Actually it was PI to 1000 places by Ron Knapp, but I digress.

I have gone through the PPC Journal / Datafile DVD and pulled out program PDF listings (Thanks Jackie!) for programs that are not totally obsolete.

What's obsolete? Somewhat in the eye of the beholder, but given the Sandmath ROM, decimal to fraction programs, permutations, etc., are obsolete, IMO.

But, there are many other programs that are not really covered by available HP 41 rom files on the 41CL or the emulator world.

I have sent Angel some .raw files to check out. These were created by taking the Hex DUMP from each barcode listing that Jackie and Jake put together, removed the carriage returns, and saved as a .dat file. Then I ran the HP41UC.EXE file and converted them to .raw format. Relatively painless.

What I have sent to Angel now include these programs:

PI to 1000 places
e to 2900 places
Fastest Calendar printer
Not quite as fast but a smaller better calendar printer

I have pulled out a lot of games that are not in FUNSTUFF or other game modules. Games such as checkers, Dungeon of death, treasure island, ghost town adventure, planet lander, lunar lander, super detective, sea battles, mastermind, and more.

I have also pulled out some tone / sound programs (Star Wars music, Bach, a program that plays EVERY synthetic tone one after the other).

I pulled out banner printer programs as well.

One thing I also did was to pull out the coconut grove files from the Datafile issues. These include many smaller programs from questions sent to the column writer and placed into a big program listing.

More might come later, but anyone can generate .raw files if I can, as long as you have the PPC Journal disks (Thanks Jackie and Jake!)

Stay tuned!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested - Gene - 02-13-2015 04:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)