Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
02-02-2015, 02:24 PM
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested
(02-02-2015 06:32 AM)Ángel Martin Wrote:  More homework, great! ;-) I'll get to those on a time permitting basis - after all I have a day job to do.

I was thinking that small routines are less suited to this project, they'll quickly exhaust the limited number of FAT entries, and in theory they're supposed to be easy to enter by hand.

A couple of trivia facts that you may find interesting:

- PPC and Wickes are already dealt with on the PPC_APPS Module. Only one program from the Wickes' book didn't fit there, "KA" - we could consider getting rid of "DIAL" instead but I thought there were already plenty of programs on Key Assignments. Let me know what you think.

- There is already a module with the HP-41 Advantage apps from the Grapevine books. J-F Garnier put that one together, and it's available at TOS and on the CL Library.

- W. Kolb's Curve Fitting program is available on the "Curve Fitting" Module I put together many moons ago; also available at the same sources.

- Of all remaining ones perhaps the more interesting is "McCornack/Jarrett: HP-41 Advance Programming Tips". Would be nice to have RAW files for those or another .DAT virtual drive file.

Cheers,
'AM

Thanks Angel!

No rush with this at all; as Gene proposed, it's really for long-term availability for the user community.

Agree, many of the routines are rather small, with a few larger ones. I think the point though is that most folks won't explore them at all if they have to key them in, so making them available in a module encourages exploration.

What is the FAT limit for a module? There are not a large number of routines, even with all the books I scanned combined, maybe between 20-30.

I have not checked out PPC_APPs yet, I will load it into go41cx today to try and leave feedback. Just getting back into 41-land likely means 2 things though - many crashes (but yay, it's ROM) and my "testing" (likely more like just driving around) may not push the envelope very far. Also, I did not realize Wickes' programs were in there.

Agree with your assesment that "McCornack/Jarrett: HP-41 Advance Programming Tips" is the most intriguing; I've heard of a later Keith Jarret book but never seen it; I don't believe copies exist either on the Museum USB set or at TOS. Anyone?

Definitely no need to add Kolb's programs or the Advantage programs again.

There is a (different?) KA program among those I scanned, but agree there are plenty of these in various places.

If the Towers of Hanoi program appears (I may take that on if time allows, good excercise for building muscle memory on the 41 keyboard) maybe it makes sense to move Wickes programs to the BOOK_APPS to make room to include the Hanoi program with the other PPC ROM stuff?

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Barcode -> .raw file project ---- help requested - rprosperi - 02-02-2015 02:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)