Intro / 9800 series questions / HP story
01-20-2015, 07:06 AM (This post was last modified: 01-20-2015 07:31 AM by ekoblentz.)
Intro / 9800 series questions / HP story
Hello world. I'm new here.

Background: I'm president of MARCH (Mid-Atlantic Retro Computing Hobbyists) which is a user group for vintage computing enthusiasts. We formed 10 years ago and have members spread out from New England to the Midwest to the Carolinas, but mostly we're within a few states of central New Jersey. Cental NJ is also where we have our bricks-and-mortar museum. It's co-located at the InfoAge Science Center. Among other things, we host the "annualish" Vintage Computer Festival East.

Tonight I have an HP calculator question and also a modest announcement for this community.

My question: did HP (or any other company) ever sell carrying cases for the 9830 or 9825?

As for the announcement .... several years ago I began writing a book about the history of mobile/portable computers. As part of that research, HP kindly gave me permission to re-publish the Gordon Dickson sci-fi story, "Thank you, Beep," originally published in the HP Calculator Journal (Digest), #5, 1979. I'm still working on the book. In the meantime, here is the Dickson story: http://www.snarc.net/pda/tybeep.htm.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Intro / 9800 series questions / HP story - ekoblentz - 01-20-2015 07:06 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)