Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas...
12-17-2017, 02:45 AM
RE: Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas...
(12-16-2017 10:17 PM)grsbanks Wrote:  An old thread, I know, but I've recently acquired a TI-66 from TAS. I used to own one 20+ years ago so there's an element of nostalgia in there.

Anyway, mine is misbehaving. It's reporting incorrect keypresses and getting rather confused.

Inspection of the machine's guts reveals some battery leakage and corrosion of the RAM chip's pins around its data bus (pins 5-8 of the TC5514APL-2). My guess is that this is what's responsible for the problem, anyway. I have a new RAM chip on its way so I can take the other one out, clean up the PCB and repair any tracks that might need it and I'll report back once that's done.

I don't collect too many TI machines, but this is one of the ones I do have. These landscape machines 65, 66, 67 are nice (but slow!). I can send it so you can compare with a working unit if that will help, assuming the RAM doesn't fix it. Holler if you need it.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas... - rprosperi - 12-17-2017 02:45 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)