Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas...
01-11-2015, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2015 09:53 PM by jebem.)
RE: Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas...
(01-11-2015 07:38 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  I bought one of those to my sister when she was still in high school. I think I liked that the display was similar to the HP-41 and it was programmable. She gave it to me years later. I never realized that there was a printer to it. If I remember correctly, the programs were running quite slow.

This picture is from http://www.datamath.org/Sci/Galaxy/TI-66.htm

Cheers
Thomas

Hi, Thomas,
Thanks for your input.

Datamath.org is one of my preferred information sources. So much information available for free! We have to thank Joerg Woerner for that.

The printer is one item that I'm planing to acquire one of these days, depending on the opportunities and available funds Smile

Slow it is. The upside is that the battery cells apparently last for ages.
The previous owner never replaced the batteries and he did use it for a few years in the university.
When I took them out the weaker one had around 1.35Volt (nominal 1.5V), and the calculator seems to be working fine with them.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas... - jebem - 01-11-2015 09:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)