Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas...
01-11-2015, 09:00 PM
RE: Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas...
(01-11-2015 07:11 PM)Thomas Radtke Wrote:  I bought one just for its beauty. Most calculators have been stored away after I quit collecting, but the TI-66 is still around. Congratulations for finding such a nice sample - mine looked like it came straight out of a landfill (it probably did, as the seller called himself "Recyclinghof" :-D).

Dunke, Thomas!
I have got my fair share of Recyclinghof's units as well, acquired to private sellers around Portugal.
Usually the sellers here try to beautify the goods in the best way they can, and when I finally meet them usually in a public place, I found out the hidden issues... but usually I buy the defective goods because the asking prices are on the low side.

(01-11-2015 07:15 PM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  Jose,
The springs likely provide grounding between the circuit board and the metal face-plate on the keyboard. Early Voyagers used the same system.

I would like to thank you for the content and quality of you frequent photo essays. It never fails that I learn something new.

Hi, Mark,
Thanks for your kind words. You are very welcome.
I just fill the need to share what I can find for my collection.

Concerning the tiny springs:
You are right. And it makes all the sense.
Thank you!

I know about it because even the old Casios did the same.
What was I thinking this afternoon?
I know, red wine and electronics do not match well...

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Texas TI-66 Programmable: Toshiba skills to rescue Texas... - jebem - 01-11-2015 09:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)