2015's calculator anniversary - the SR-52
01-31-2016, 08:24 PM
RE: 2015's calculator anniversary - the SR-52
(01-31-2016 01:34 PM)jjohnson873 Wrote:  Keep up the dialogue and let us know if you get it back to 100% working condition. While I only work on vintage HP calculators, any analysis of a vintage calculator is fascinating.

Thanks for your kind words, Jim
(Loved your NP-25 "joint venture" with Chris; today I was watching again some HHC 2015 movies on YouTube, including your Fritzing/NP-25 project presentation, after a search on SR52 subjects)

I'm waiting for some "spares" in the form of a SR-51A bought locally two weeks ago for 5 Euro only (the seller lives in another small village and keeps telling me that he is very busy to go to the post office). Guess that I will have to wait or drive there and collect it.

According the DATAMATH site information on the different models, the SR-51A shares the same ARITH chip with the SR-52, but nothing else concerning the SCOM/ROM chips.
I believe the SR52 symptoms can be explained by a faulty ARITH, but this is really a guessing game right now.

(01-31-2016 02:01 PM)Den Belillo (Martinez Ca.) Wrote:  A final refined version of this would be both valuable and easier to find as an Article.

Hi, Den,
Thanks for your idea.
Well, this restoration job may take longer than I initially anticipated.

Somehow, I knew this would not be a easy task due to the fact that this model seems to be difficult to find, even "untested", and then the rocket asking prices are a real issue for my bank account.

Jose Mesquita
RadioMuseum.org member

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2015's calculator anniversary - the SR-52 - jebem - 01-31-2016 08:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)