Poll: What's your favorite 43S layout?
This poll is closed.
a) 11.94% 8 11.94%
b) 80.60% 54 80.60%
c) 7.46% 5 7.46%
Total 67 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A poll again, concerning the 43S (again)
01-05-2015, 02:46 PM
RE: A poll again, concerning the 43S (again)
(01-05-2015 12:30 AM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  I'm making "noise" because, in my opinion, the proposed layouts are not optimal. As Walter pointed out in his Sic faciunt omnes rationalization, "billions of people" have become accustomed to a certain order of operators. I might add that the same group of people are also accustomed to the operators being on the right side of the keypad.

You didn't quite get my point. Billions of people have learned the arithmetic operators in the order (or sequence) + - * /. No word about calculators. Just if the keys on a calculator follow that order (+ - * /) it looks natural to most people for the reason stated.

Operator keys on the left or right side of the keypad are a completely different topic. I hope nobody teaches that in elementary school.

(01-05-2015 01:02 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  
(01-05-2015 12:30 AM)Mark Hardman Wrote:  I'm certain that HP, TI, Sharp, Casio, etc. all spent substantial time and money on focus groups, ergonomic studies, etc. before settling on what, in my opinion, is the current standard layout.

While HP, TI, Sharp, Casio, Etc. MAY have spent substantial time, I really doubt if it was years and years of time, such as has been done so far on the 43S keyboard layout. Otherwise they never would have manufactured nor shipped any product.

May well be. But: 1) We just spend our spare time - far less than years. 2) I spend it since we wait for the prototypes and nothing else is happening. Wink

(01-05-2015 01:02 PM)Bill (Smithville NJ) Wrote:  ... when will they [there] be an emulator so that we can start playing around with the actual code that will execute whenever a key is pressed on this "perfect" and "optimum" keyboard? To me executable code is the most important part. An "optimum" keyboard without any code is pretty useless.

Please see here why I started that discussion. Content? (In fact, I'm waiting for Marcus to take the layout Wink ).

d:-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Poll results - walter b - 01-10-2015, 01:26 AM
RE: A poll again, concerning the 43S (again) - walter b - 01-05-2015 02:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)