Poll: What's your favorite 43S layout?
This poll is closed.
a) 11.94% 8 11.94%
b) 80.60% 54 80.60%
c) 7.46% 5 7.46%
Total 67 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A poll again, concerning the 43S (again)
01-05-2015, 06:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2015 07:03 AM by walter b.)
RE: A poll again, concerning the 43S (again)
(01-05-2015 02:21 AM)brouhaha Wrote:  From personal experience, I found having the operators on the left in the traditional HP order made me more efficient. The left side was better for one-handed operation in my left hand, which was my predominant mode of operation.

I share your view.

Quote:
The operator order made it very efficient to evaluate polynomials with one- or two-handed operation, due to + and * being adjacent.

Hmmh. The polynomials I know feature + and - .

Quote:One of the guiding principles of the calculator development Richard and I have been doing for more than a decade now has been "he who does the work gets to decide". When Richard and I disagreed on things, generally if it was a hardware issue Richard decided it, and if it was a software issue I did. That's not to say that we had a lot of disagreements. For the 43S project, now we will have more people involved, with Richard and I focused on hardware and low-level firmware, and (hopefully) the WP-34s team focused on the high-level functionality and user interface. Asuming that we maintain the principle we've used before, the WP-34s team will get to make the decisions on key layout, and while it's nice that Walter offers polls to get the sense of the community, everyone needs to remember that this is NOT a democracy.

I concur with your statements. We did it in the same way with the WP 34S. Just let me add there are mainly two reasons why I start a poll:
  1. We need feedback from the community since we may have diverging opinions but no strong preferences.
  2. We're looking for ideas we may have overlooked (we're just five people in total, and each of us focusses on different aspects of that project).
So this poll shows a clear preference for b and little new ideas so far.

d:-)

P.S.: Mechanical hardware seems to be an orphan. Who's taking care of it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A poll again, concerning the 43S (again) - walter b - 01-05-2015 06:20 AM
Poll results - walter b - 01-10-2015, 01:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)