Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display
03-20-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display
(03-19-2015 06:35 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:  The 'important' piece of the project is NOT the interface. I'll restate it for the hard of seeing--- interfaces are a dime a dozen and NONE of them are going to calculate anything!

The 'important' piece of the project is the infrastructure. The infrastructure of a calculator is more complex and more difficult (from an engineering standpoint) than most people realize, while they are making up their keyboard layouts (interface). Barry asked me what my thoughts are for key labels. Actually, I had not given key labels any thought at all... there is more than enough time for that! I want the right infrastructure, and I want it to be solid, quality, and durable.

Think about infrastructure vs. interface. Which is more important to you?

Cheers,
marcus
Smile
The interface is unimportant to me, for as I have mentioned previously, we can simply cannibalize it (in whole or in part) from some calculator that already exists. But, as for the infrasturcture (I guess you mean the firmware), what is better, from the point of view of your criteria, than using firmware which already exists? After all, the first RPN calculator was built for engineers, and engineers demand accuracy like no one else; they practically live by it. So, we can simply take infrastructure that already exists and put it behind the cannibalized interface and have the calculator which we speak of here in a usable concrete form. And we would not need to be particularly ambitious with its function set either, having no competition to it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Landscape RPN calculator with alphanumeric display - Joseph_21sv - 03-20-2015 03:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)