Atari 2600 Fanatics out there?
02-05-2015, 12:40 AM
RE: Atari 2600 Fanatics out there?
(02-04-2015 11:45 PM)Kevin Ouellet Wrote:  What I wanted the most is a real cart of Princess Rescue but since it was taken down by a Nintendo C&D it's now $500 on Ebay...

I would like Stay Frosty 2 at one point, though. Not sure if real cartridges of Donkey Kong VCS are available but it would be cool. I tried the game on an emulator and it looks almost on-par with NES graphics.

DK VCS has pretty mindblowing graphics for a 2600 game, though I think the other DK that's in the works (DK2600?) has much more of the gameplay intact. There's also a hack of the original Coleco version of DK under development that adds the other two missing boards.

Personally, I'm not really into the idea of selling homebrew games that are somebody else's unlicensed IP, though as freely-available labors of love, I'm not bothered by it. It's actually pretty cool to see what the 2600 can do with games we're all familiar with, or what could have been with an investment of a little more time and money from the original publisher.

For the totally original homebrews like Stay Frosty, it's neat to see actual commercial support for a game console that's nearly 40 years old.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Atari 2600 Fanatics out there? - Gene - 01-26-2015, 04:43 PM
RE: Atari 2600 Fanatics out there? - Dave Britten - 02-05-2015 12:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)