HP 41 Keyboard Overlays available finally!
10-26-2020, 08:06 PM
RE: HP 41 Keyboard Overlays available finally!
(10-26-2020 08:04 PM)Michael Fehlhammer Wrote:  
(10-26-2020 04:44 PM)Monte Dalrymple Wrote:  I am okay with acting as a distribution point for US customers. So, if Michael wants to accumulate a bunch of US orders and then ship them all in one package to me, I can do the individual shipments to people. Shouldn't be more than a dollar or so to ship first class within the US.

Thank you very much for that offer, Monte!
I think this is the best way to go, especially for people who want just 3 or 4 overlays.

Regarding overlays for other calculators, like DM41X, or HP 71b:
Sorry, but I won't produce these. It took a long time and many expensive test prints until we ( the print studio I found that accepted the challenge, after many refusals from other studios) had the blanks that exactly fit and knew how to position them for printing etc.. It is a loss-making business (of course it was never meant to become a business, but still the losses are quite high), and I doubt that order quantities for overlays for other calculators would exceed those for the HP 41.
By the way, it seems there is no mechanism that firmly holds overlays in place on a DM41X (holes, spring - clip), probably this calculator wasn't intended to be used with overlays?

There are three small slots down the left and right side of the keyboard area, much like the 48 uses for overlays. Probably not quite as nice as the spring clip on the 41, but it's hard to say, as I don't have any overlays for the DM41X.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP 71 Overlays - Dave Frederickson - 03-11-2015, 02:01 AM
RE: HP 41 Keyboard Overlays available finally! - Dave Britten - 10-26-2020 08:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)