HP Prime: Missing functionality
09-22-2014, 03:58 PM
RE: HP Prime: Missing functionality
(09-15-2014 08:01 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  
(09-15-2014 02:19 PM)fcan1968 Wrote:  So, should I take this as a suggestion to stick with HP50G if one wants to continue to use RPN?
Fatih

Ummm... Yes.

The RPN in Prime, though capable and stable, is limited compared to a 50g, especially for an experienced 50g user. No RPL for example. And it's not directly programmable, though one can do limited manipulation on/off the stack.

HP has consistently stated that it is their goal to improve the RPN in Prime, and we expect they will, however for the time being, I would stick with your 50g if RPN is important. you can always upgrade to a Prime once the RPN has matured.

That said, the Prime does a huge amount of stuff a 50g can't do, so you should compare them to decide which is best.
I would describe it as the HP Prime's firmware is a jumble of apps that don't really play well together yet...

...we can only hope that they're still putting a good deal of effort into polishing (and adding functionality) to the existing firmware...

That said I think that the Prime's firmware is in much better shape today than when it was originally tossed out onto the market, as it's now half-baked rather than bloody raw...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
HP Prime: Missing functionality - fcan1968 - 09-15-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: HP Prime: Missing functionality - DrD - 09-15-2014, 11:51 AM
RE: HP Prime: Missing functionality - cutterjohn - 09-22-2014 03:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)