DM32 Prototype Unboxing and Introduction (HP 32Sii upgrade)
09-17-2022, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 09-17-2022 10:15 PM by Maximilian Hohmann.)
RE: DM32 Prototype Unboxing and Introduction (HP 32Sii upgrade)
Hello,

with great interest I watched both videos in the links above. I admire the effort SwissMicros and some members of this forum have put into the development and presentation of these calculators and I really enjoyed watching the videos.

However, regarding Bob Prosperi's question: "Which HP calculator would you like to see next being made by SwissMicros" my mind turned blank. Literally. As proposed by someone (whom I am afaraid I do not recognise) in the audience, a "blanknut" kind of calculator would appeal to me the most. A powerful machine with plenty of memory, a good keyboard and high-contrast/low power display, that I can customise to my needs. With all the libraries already in place and some tool provided by which the keys can be mapped to pre-programmed or user supplied functions. And some blank sheets of laser-printable sticky vinyl to make one's own keyboard overlay. That would be the SwissMicros calculator of my choice.
But then, I am mostly a collector of calculators, not a user. And the few times I actually use one I prefer the real thing over the best Swiss made reincarnation.

Next in my list would be an HP-25 (the reason is that it is has always been favorite HP calculator) but only with a luminous (OLED) display. Which of course would require a rechargeable battery and probably not doable with the current SM hardware platform.

Regards
Max
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: DM32 Prototype Unboxing and Introduction (HP 32Sii upgrade) - Maximilian Hohmann - 09-17-2022 10:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)