Difference between pocket computer and programmable calculator?
09-11-2022, 10:27 PM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2023 07:34 AM by carey.)
RE: Difference between pocket computer and programmable calculator?
(09-08-2022 03:37 AM)Steve Simpkin Wrote:  I doubt there is any agreed upon exact definition of what a "Pocket Computer" is but QWERTY keyboard or not, the FX-702P is programmed in the BASIC computer language so I personally would consider it a "Pocket Computer".

It is interesting that the underappreciated HP-39GS/HP40GS includes a nice implementation of HP-BASIC, which if I recall correctly, is an offshoot of HP’s Rocky Mountain BASIC. So, applying the BASIC programming definition of a pocket computer, and overlooking its lack of a QWERTY keyboard and slow speed, the HP-39GS/HP40GS might be considered pocket computers.

Also, contrary to a sometimes repeated myth, programming the HP-39GS/HP40GS is not limited to modifying its built-in Apps, but can take full advantage of its fairly complete HP BASIC programming language.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Difference between pocket computer and programmable calculator? - carey - 09-11-2022 10:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)