Inputting mixed numbers on HP50g
07-26-2014, 01:14 AM
RE: Inputting mixed numbers on HP50g
(07-25-2014 11:27 AM)bootlegend Wrote:  I appreciate all the replies, but the beauty of the way mixed numbers were handled on the 35s was the efficiency. It appears the above solutions add keystrokes compared to just dividing the fractional portion and adding to the whole number, which is how I'm handling it now. I was simply hoping there was a setting buried somewhere that would allow direct fractional input in RPN mode.

nope not a setting, nope not in RPN mode...
...but did you look at that program I pointed to? Joe Horns fantastic fif49 its over on my 2nd favorite site http://www.hpcalc.org "This is actually a 49G translation of Joe Horn's Feet-Inches-Fractions (FIF) program for the 48G. This is an invaluable program for anyone who works with dimensions, allowing all the calculator functions to work while displaying the FIF result!" ...it will save you at least 1000 keystrokes* (in you lifetime) and make your 49 sexier than RMollov's 35s. Hey if you need help downloading/installing it let me know i'll help.* You should read these Terms of Use (this “Agreement”) carefully before using the program. Access to and use of this program is subject to the terms and conditions set forth below, and your use of the program signifies and constitutes your acceptance of this Agreement. If you do not agree to this Agreement, you should not use the Site. Keystrokes saved is based on daily use of said program continuously for at least 2 lifetimes. Saved keystrokes is an individual experience that you may not receive by use of this program.

Thanks
~~~~8< Art >8~~~~

PS: Please post more 50G stuff :)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Inputting mixed numbers on HP50g - CosmicTruth - 07-26-2014 01:14 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)