Plus42 (and Free42) minor cosmetic issues
05-21-2022, 05:15 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2022 05:17 PM by jonmoore.)
RE: Plus42 (and Free42) minor cosmetic issues
(05-21-2022 04:34 PM)ijabbott Wrote:  I think the main problem with NCalc is that it is sold as many variant apps that each claim to emulate some particular Casio model, but are in fact just skin jobs of the same app. And the one I bought a license for through the Google store a few years ago could somehow only be installed on a single Android device unless you go through hoops to contact the developer for a new key to install another Android device. That's not how paid Android apps from the Google store are supposed to work.

There's more than a single developer doing these Casio/TI clone efforts and they're generally all based in East Asia (and display scant regard to intellectual property).

I own the Ncalc based on the fx-991ex on both iOS and Android and have never had any problems installing it on multiple devices (they also make an Ncalc product based on one of the TI graphic calcs). The version on Android is called CalcES as it was launched before the latest upgrade to 991ex but is functionally identical to the iOS product (both allow you to set up the interface using 991es or 991ex conventions).

My partner and I have 4 kids at various stages of the education system and I pick up various calculator apps and set them up on Family Share (both the Android and iOS flavours). They all have physical Primes, both physical Casio CG50's and fx991ex's (the CG50 is clunky in many ways but is by far the best graphing calc - even without the Primes touch-screen) and one wanted a Classpad too, but sold it as it was painfully slow. We instead have a family subscription to Classpad.net, which wraps up all of the Classpad features into a web-app (it came in very handy at the height of COVID). Best of all, the classpad.net subscriptions include free subscriptions to the Classpad calculator emulator on both iOS and Android. Classpad has always been the best of the tablet-style calculators and coupled with the speed of a modern tablet/pen combo makes for a very powerful option.

The eldest has recently grown attached to my 50g but stands no chance of getting their filthy paws on it permanently!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 (and Free42) minor cosmetic issues - jonmoore - 05-21-2022 05:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)