Plus42 (and Free42) minor cosmetic issues
05-21-2022, 03:58 PM
RE: Plus42 (and Free42) minor cosmetic issues
(05-21-2022 12:25 AM)rprosperi Wrote:  Hmm....

$3.00 for $19 Casio clone with CAS extensions, and more Mathlab-like.

Sure highschool kids may find NCalc familiar but most can't use it since it's on a phone, and college students in Engineering, Physics, etc, may find that more familiar, but any who look at more than just a few screen shots would likely find Plus42 a better choice.

To be clear. Phone calculator apps are fine for High School students, it's just that they can't use them in tests/exams. And Ncalc is already a proven hit, it's score on the iOS store is 4.8 out of 5 (based on 1360 current ratings). The app developer is definitely getting something right.

As to the UI design, I find the lighter skin to be elegant/streamlined and the interaction design to be considered.

But I'm not suggesting that Plus42 uses the same approach. What I was most definitely suggesting was that if Thomas wants Plus42 to be a viable commercial offering, where he can make enough of a return that he feels his time is being suitably rewarded, he needs to appeal to the student market, as well as the niche community of HP calculator enthusiasts.

After all, the primary market for higher math calculators is education. A fact that HP themselves were too slow to realise, and we know where that sorry tale ended.

[Image: aOLsrU]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Plus42 (and Free42) minor cosmetic issues - jonmoore - 05-21-2022 03:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)