Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
09-19-2018, 04:21 PM
RE: Let's vote for suggestions and bugs
(09-19-2018 02:24 PM)Arno K Wrote:  You should use inv(Matrix),, that does not round and gives correct results, ^(-1) uses, when I remember correctly, another algorithm.
Arno

Hi Arno, thanks for the answer. I agree with you about the inv(Matrix) algorithm. But does not have the same behavior as HP48, HP50 and HP Prime in CAS view... When resolving a linear system based on matrixes you can divide a Matrix A by a Matrix B and expect that the calculator internally calculates the inverse Matrix B and multiply it by Matrix A... You can do that in HP48, HP50 and even in Prime CAS, but not always in Prime HOME (You can do that but the answer is not reliable). As a matter of fact, I divided one matrix by another in my commented analysis, never made that step of inverse matrix, so, I can't even see that the algorithm is rounding some results before doing the last operation. When I was trying to understand where was the error, I found it to be in the inverse matrix result, only in HOME view. My point is, I expect the same behavior from one calculator to another and between HOME and CAS of HP Prime.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's vote for suggestions and bugs - ammonteir - 09-19-2018 04:21 PM
BREAK still reboot the calc - Oulan - 07-21-2019, 09:12 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)