Calypsi (was NutStudio) tools 3.5.1 available
05-03-2022, 09:30 PM
RE: Calypsi (was NutStudio) tools 3.5.1 available
(05-02-2022 02:24 PM)Thomas Klemm Wrote:  This caused me to update from nutstudio-nut-3.1.1 and try to use the debugger.
I launched it to load the 41cv.mod:
Code:
dbnut --load-module 41cv.mod

I was able to set a breakpoint to a specific address, but couldn't see the sources.
This allowed me to step through the code in single steps, but felt like I was blindfolded.

With the help of the VASM listing I was able to extract the symbol table.
This was then used to disassemble the ROMs from 41cv.mod with d41.
Is there a way to use this with dbnut?

How could I load a FOCAL program into the debugger/emulator?
It seems possible to simply write the compiled raw file to the registers in the state file.
But maybe there is an easier way.

Thanks a lot for your programs.
Thomas

There is a small typo in the CalypsiNutDebuggerGuide.pdf:
Quote:The web application or HP-41 frontend is included in the installation under hp41-ui/hp41.html.

It is now under: dbnut-ui/hp41.html.

You can debug with operating system source, but first you need to generate a debug image. I had a post earlier that shows how it can be done (see below). I use this to develop my modules and can step into the mainframe (VASM) as well as my other extension modules. This allows for stepping in the actual source code.

If you have a project without source, you can select "set stop-mixed-disassembly-line-count 4" (for 4 lines) and it should show disassembly for the current lines and 3 lines ahead. This may work for emergency use, but I suggest generating a project with proper debug information.

The debugger is for MCODE only, not RPN/FOCAL code development. You can generate RPN/FOCAL modules with the tools. Such modules can be loaded into the emulator. Loading RPN programs into (normal) RAM is currently not currently supported.

Reference:
https://www.hpmuseum.org/forum/thread-17987.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Calypsi (was NutStudio) tools 3.5.1 available - hth - 05-03-2022 09:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)