Auto-rotation skins on Free42 v3.0.7
11-08-2021, 02:20 PM
RE: Auto-rotation skins on Free42 v3.0.7
(11-08-2021 10:31 AM)Thomas Okken Wrote:  I haven't been able to reproduce the problem in the Android 11 and 12 emulators (API levels 30 and 31). Hmm...

I uploaded a 3.0.7 build with target sdk = 29 to https://thomasokken.com/free42/download/...oid-29.apk -- Bob (or anyone else experiencing the screen rotation issue), could you try installing this, and let me know what happens?

Quick update - I compared my new phone (A12) with my old phone (A8) side-by-side and I now notice that when in the "Skin: Other" dialog, the *.layout files are not visible (in the file display area where one would pick a file), even though I've confirmed that these files are actually in the /Free42 folder.

I then copied the *.layout files to the /Downloads folder and then navigate there in the "Skin: Other" dialog and these files are also not visible there, where they should be as this folder is obviously available to the user. I have confirmed that Free42 is sensing the rotation and "knows" which mode it's in when opening the dialog.

So, it must have something to do with folder access, or permissions, etc.

Maybe this helps? I'd rather not side-load if it can be avoided, due to a troubled past doing so in very early Android days...

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto-rotation skins on Free42 v3.0.7 - rprosperi - 11-08-2021 02:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)