Auto-rotation skins on Free42 v3.0.7
11-08-2021, 07:48 AM (This post was last modified: 11-08-2021 07:49 AM by Thomas Okken.)
RE: Auto-rotation skins on Free42 v3.0.7
That's good to know; I'll test this in the Android 12 emulator as well, then. I could also send you an apk with the target sdk set to 29, which you could side-load, to check whether or not that fixes the issue.

I do suspect the target sdk setting is the culprit, though, for a couple of reasons: one, the behavior you describe is eerily similar to what prompted the 2.5.24a release; two, changing the skin by accident is not easy to do; three, there haven't been any code changes in the UI part for 3.0.7 except for that target sdk change; and four, Android uses the target sdk setting on an apk to selectively enable compatibility behaviors, and when developers are forced to change that setting, as Google just did effective November 1st, this sometimes causes unexpected breakage. This kind of thing has actually happened to Free42 before, when another forced target sdk change made the main menu stop working.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto-rotation skins on Free42 v3.0.7 - Thomas Okken - 11-08-2021 07:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)