Thread Closed 
HP-25/SR-56 Identical Conditionals
10-14-2021, 09:33 PM
RE: HP-25/SR-56 Identical Conditionals
(10-14-2021 07:51 PM)Dave Britten Wrote:  
(10-14-2021 06:02 PM)Valentin Albillo Wrote:  I don't mean to play games with you, what I want is some sample code which does something non-contrived that shows the alleged "usefulness" and "cleanness" afforded by this DSNZ instruction, let's say similarly to how a simple implementation of the factorial function does clearly demonstrate the usefulness of the regular DSZ instruction.

Can you provide it, yes or no ?

[...]
With a hypothetical DSNE (decrement and skip if not less than or equal),
[...]

Now you resort to moving the goalpost. I'm talking about the DSNZ instruction here, not the DSNE instruction, their uncle or any other relatives.

Can you post a simple example that shows the alleged "usefulness" and "cleanness" afforded by this DSNZ instruction, yes or no ?

And please, no "cumulative (lower tail) binomial distribution"-like programs, just something simple, on the level of a factorial program or something equally simple. Simple does it.

If you can't deliver what is asked, well, the world doesn't end but I'm not asking again, I'll simply rest my case that this DSNZ instruction is pretty dumb, as no simple proof-of-concept program can be produced to demonstrate its supposed virtues, period.

Again, thanks and regards.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP-25/SR-56 Identical Conditionals - Valentin Albillo - 10-14-2021 09:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)