Valentín's website update thread - comments and appreciation
01-21-2022, 09:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-2022 08:33 AM by J-F Garnier.)
RE: Valentín's website update thread - comments and appreciation
If you are regularly monitoring the publication of Valentin's archives, you may have noticed the mention of "Easter eggs" in the updates.
And if you are keeping track of the file updates, you surely noticed that the "Easter eggs" files are not part of the "Latest Additions" list.

I don't know what Valentin exactly means by "Easter eggs" (maybe is it a challenge to find them :-)
but some basic arithmetic may help here:
The update #36 says "There's now 1,042 files available ..."
but HP Calculators (460 files)
+ HP Computers (18 files)
+ Sharp Pocket Computers (112 files)
+ Other Brands (67 files)
+ Assorted Miscellaneous (215 files)
make 872 files.
Obviously, there is more than we can see (if we trust arithmetic of course :-)

I was able to locate a few extra links, some are not part of my main interests but others are nice reminiscences of the time when I started programming on a PC.

There is something in the latest update that I (as a HP-71B addict) can see as a true Easter egg:
in the section HP Book Covers, the file HP-71B Manual del Usuario has been updated and now includes a HP sheet (in english) about the bug of version 2CCCC.
The bug itself is already known and described in the same terms on my HP-71B bug page (from a HPX publication), but it's the first time I see the official HP sheet.

So Easter eggs or not, it's worth the effort to explore Valentin's huge material !

J-F

[Edit: removed the now pointless PS].
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Valentín's website update thread - comments and appreciation - J-F Garnier - 01-21-2022 09:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)