file format for HP48gx objects
07-06-2021, 08:18 PM
RE: file format for HP48gx objects
Hi,

I'm afraid I can't help you much directly, as I only know a little about HP 48 objects myself. However, I have done some research for one of my projects, and I can tell you this: it's complicated, and there isn't really an easy way around that. You have to be able to read and deal with plain nibbles (though you probably knew that already, didn't you? Smile). As a result, it may be worth learning a bit of C, if you don't know it already, because the ability to deal with sizes of numbers and pointers will simplify the challenge quite a bit.

Since I myself am not much help, here's some resources that have helped me. One really good, though large, reference is https://www.hpcalc.org/details/4576. This documents every binary object type in the 48SX. Another source, which may be more readable, is the 3rd edition of "Introduction to Saturn Assembly Language", which I've browsed through and I know it has a chapter on objects. hpcalc.org surely hosts more information, so don't be afraid to search for what you need.

Good luck! I think that a tool like what you want to create would actually be really useful.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
file format for HP48gx objects - djb146 - 07-06-2021, 07:43 PM
RE: file format for HP48gx objects - Liam Hays - 07-06-2021 08:18 PM
RE: file format for HP48gx objects - Nate - 07-08-2021, 11:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)