Python: Mandelbrot explorer 0.9 now save and resume update Jan 23 /2022
08-14-2021, 07:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2021 07:48 PM by Guenter Schink.)
RE: Python: Mandelbrot explorer now interactive update 14.08.2021
Next update! Version 0.8 (Link in post #1) 14.08.2021

Couldn't help but had to play around once more.

In principle, the usage hasn't changed Look at the first post), except that the program is more interactive.

At any time while the drawing is developing you can touch the screen to dive in deeper, or push <Del> to go back to the last magnification. Also the various buttons for color selection or depth increase/decrease may be pushed at any time with immediate effect.

When you choose to increase or decrease the zoom-factor, this will take effect at the next zooming in.

As a teaser I have attached 4 samples. Sample1 and Sample2 exactly show the same area, just different colors. Do you recognize how much more a 3D- effect seems to be in 1 compared to 2?

Sample3 shows a completely different area.

While the drawing develops, a progress bar at the left shows you in which line the action is. And during drawing the bottom line shows you the number of colors selected, the depth (number of iterations) the zoom factor and the actual zoom, see sample4. The progress bar and bottom line are barely visible when you run the virtual PRIME, but they help you to see that something is happening still when it takes its time on the real calc.

I'd like to emphasize once again that the various passes of drawing simply serve the goal to make something reasonable visible as early as possible. Thus you can move in deeper and deeper (and back) without having to wait until the drawing is completed. Consequently the <Plot> key has no function anymore.

I hope someone enjoys this little gimmick Smile

Günter

1.     2.     3.     4.    
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Python: Mandelbrot explorer now interactive update 14.08.2021 - Guenter Schink - 08-14-2021 07:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)