HP 48GX - Store Coordinates in a List
04-01-2021, 09:00 PM
RE: HP 48GX - Store Coordinates in a List
(03-28-2021 12:25 PM)Giuseppe Donnini Wrote:  Lists are completely free-format in RPL, so if you don't use any dummy placeholders, no memory is going to be wasted. In particular, there is no necessary connection between your point number and the implied element index of a list. The point number is just the first (arbitrary) element of a sub-list which is itself an (arbitrary) element of the outer list.
I've been reading about handling arrays in the C programming language hoping for some similarity to HP User-RPL. You mention free-format, yes I agree because a list can contain both numerical data and character strings. I don't have to worry about allocating memory. The connection between my point number and the implied element index of a list is something I couldn't vocalize in my original post; I didn't know how to pose the question.
I think as I'm adding points to my list I should sort them in ascending order. When I need to get a point from my list I can execute a binary search. Does that sound logical?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: HP 48GX - Store Coordinates in a List - MNH - 04-01-2021 09:00 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)