Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
02-18-2022, 09:39 PM
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
Thanks for the detailed explanations!

(02-18-2022 09:11 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  There were never any Sharp-branded IC Application cards built on EPROM cards sold.

There is IQ-780S card that looks similar to EPROM card by the looks of its back ('bump'). DO you know the reason that forced Sharp to produce it instead of the regular format?

[Image: IQ-780-S-2.jpg]

[Image: IQ-780-S-5.jpg]

(02-18-2022 09:11 PM)rprosperi Wrote:  Regarding serial numbers, they are indeed unique for each specific product, not globally unique.

Does this mean that the Japanese and western organizers/cards may have matching numbers? The lists of organizers/cards' serial IDs I build are separate for Japan/western regions. Initially, I thought the numbering scheme was the same for all the products produced by Sharp and didn't think of comparing these lists.

Still, the cards on the second photo are both western, so something definitely went wrong with their serials (a typo?).

Also, maybe you can shed light on another question I still haven't found an answer to. Most IC cards have a letter (usually, it's U, but there are also A and J) instead of a number in a second digit (i.e., 1U007367 or 2J001111). What's the meaning of this letter?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - Akuji - 02-18-2022 09:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)