Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
02-15-2022, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2022 02:25 AM by Xorand.)
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
Interesting thing today. I had bought an OZ-701A Time Expense Manager IC Card off eBay. It was listed as new in open box. Though the box had some outer wear, the card looked clean. It also still had the original button cell battery still sealed in plastic.

I pulled everything out and opened up the plastic envelope and pulled out the battery. It was a Maxell branded CR2016 battery. It had what I presume was a date stamp on it of 89-04 (1989 would be about right). I took it out to the garage assuming it would be dead (it had not leaked) and to see if I have any 2016s in my battery stash.

Out of curiosity, I pulled out the multimeter and checked the battery. It had 3.27 volts (rated for "3V") charge on it. Huh. I put it in the card and put the card in the OZ-7000 and it worked fine, though the organizer might need a new backup battery as it had lost date/time and gave me a memory loss error. Unless that's normal when putting in a new card? What little information I had typed into the organizer was still there.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - Xorand - 02-15-2022 02:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)