Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
02-01-2022, 02:01 AM
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
(02-01-2022 01:20 AM)Xorand Wrote:  Thanks to this thread, I now have a new toy to play with. My OZ-7000 arrived today.

One question I have is the outside case of your organizer fairly sticky? Mine was, and I tried to clean a small area with Isopropyl Alcohol and it didn't improve. Cleaning with fairly weak wet wipes seemed to make it better, but not considerably so. I've also used some leather cleaner wipes to put a little conditioner on the surface and that seems to help, but it still honestly feels a little tacky. Hopefully the IPA didn't damage the surface to the point of stickiness (it was tacky before starting).

As strange as it sounds, this is 'normal', in the sense that this is how nearly all devices with this same textured material feel at this age. Oddly, it does not occur to a few machines, and I've no idea what is different about them, it's not a production order/batch thing, it's probably due to these few machines being subjected to (or maybe not subjected to) exposure to some environment (such as lots of direct sunlight) or some material/chemical.

It is probably consistent but also strange that you can't pragmatically 'clean' it to remove the feeling, without doing damage to the surface. The material has simply degraded.

It's ultimately a lot like the rubber material HP selected for card reader rollers - the specs did not include the requirement to not change for 30-40 years. Smile

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - rprosperi - 02-01-2022 02:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)