Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
03-28-2021, 02:48 PM
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
(03-28-2021 12:32 PM)Joe Horn Wrote:  
(03-28-2021 12:08 AM)Akuji Wrote:  It's a great resource even though it's not complete. For example, there are at least 10 western retail IC cards published by Sharp which aren't listed there...

It's also missing:
IQ-775 -- "EPROM Card 64" -- 64K bytes EPROM and 32K bytes RAM with battery
OZ-8C01 -- "Holy Bible 16/40" -- King James Version with search engine

My IQ-775 is a prototype of the BASIC card. Its PEEK command let you extract the organizer's password. The released versions of the BASIC card can't do that.

Whether you consider that a good thing or a bad thing, it's my fault. After sending the beta BASIC card to Joe to explore, and within about a day he figured out that PEEK could reveal the password, I reported that to the Engineers in Japan, and it was changed just in time for production (rumors circulated that the initial production lot could still do this, though I never found one that could)

So, it's my fault...

The FBI was not happy with this as they were hoping to use it to access contents of machines seized in criminal cases. Seems Wizards (or IQ organizers for ROW) were the go-to technology for the high profile bad guys at the time. That contact list no doubt contained some gold for the good guys.

--Bob Prosperi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - rprosperi - 03-28-2021 02:48 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)