Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (Wizard OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
03-25-2021, 09:25 AM
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (OZ/IQ/PA/PI series)
(03-25-2021 02:17 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I do! Though my collection is rather modest: a couple of organizers, and a small handful of cards. The most significant being the OZ-707 Scientific Computer (BASIC) card, which turns the Wizard into an excellent pocket computer. The 3D Spreadsheet card is also quite good. I mainly use them in my OZ-7200, since BASIC is the 16-column version, and it looks a bit silly on the OZ-8000 models. I need to get an OZ-7600 so I can at least have the QWERTY keyboard with directly accessible punctuation.

That's great! Could you please take a photo of your organizers and cards? I'm especially interested in serial IDs of both organizers and cards - the ID contains the production date, which helps me narrow down each specific organizer or card model's production period.

Also, since you apparently collect US staff, do you happen to have US promotional booklets that look like these?

[Image: US-catalogs.jpg]

Recently I finally managed to collect all six game cards which Sharp released in the west.

[Image: IMG-4854.jpg]

Multiple game cards were released only in Japan which have English localization and could be easily published by Sharp overseas.

(03-25-2021 02:17 AM)Dave Britten Wrote:  I also have the CE-50P printer/cassette interface, which I think can actually print faster than it can save a program to tape. And it's just a plain old thermal printer not unlike the HP 82240A/B, so that should give you some idea how slowly it saves to tape. Wink

I have this printer too! As well as some other Japan-only peripherals like the thermo-printer CE-60P to print on surfaces and business card reader PV-BR1.

[Image: DF04-B242-6-F10-4-B4-B-92-C8-CDE44-B3-C6-DA9.jpg]

Once again, Sharp released a much broader lineup of accessories for its organizers in Japan, including 3,5" FDD.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp electronic organizers with the IC card slot (OZ/IQ/PA/PI series) - Akuji - 03-25-2021 09:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)