Sharp PC-1211/TRS-80 PC-1 Software
03-15-2021, 01:53 AM
RE: Sharp PC-1211/TRS-80 PC-1 Software
Hi, pyedog:

First of all, welcome to the MoHPC forum, I wish you enjoy your stay. Read on ...

(03-14-2021 09:14 PM)pyedog Wrote:  I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but there are several posts from years ago about the PC-1211 so I figured I'd give it a shot ...

Some of those posts were surely mine.

Quote:I'm looking for BASIC programs that will run on Sharp PC-1211/TRS-80 PC-1 pocket computers. I had one back in the 80s and recently acquired one and thought it would be interesting to see what could be done with it.

I too had one in 80-81 or so, Liked it very much, wrote about 100+ programs for it and even took it with me to my military service to use in my (scarce) free time there. It was a sensation, everyone admired it and several people wanted to buy it from me.

I had at the time an HP-41C too, so I wrote an article comparing it vs. the SHARP PC-1211. You might enjoy reading it, as it also includes 6 programs for the PC-1211 , among them:

"Towers of Hanoi",
      "Hyperbolic functions",
      "Compute and display up to 575 decimal digits of e" and
      "Solve N-Queen puzzle in a general NxN chessboard".

Two additional sample programs are given in the article for both the PC-1211 and the HP-41C, to serve as comparison of their respective programming models and capabilities. You can download the 12-page PDF article using this link:

Know Thy Foe: A New Contender

Quote:I made a web site with several games (Video Poker, Cave Adventure, and BlackJack) at https://pc1211.epizy.com/pc1211/ but I'd be interested in other programs people might still have available. I'd be happy top add it to the list if anyone is interested.

You can find 7 additional programs I wrote for the SHARP PC-1211 here. They are:

3-point Gaussian Integration
      Multiprecision Factorial
      NxN Matrix Inversion
      Multiprecision E
      Practice Checkmate with King-Bishop-Knight vs. King
      Truth Tables Generator

Also, there are many other materials for SHARP pocket computers at my site, including:

Sharp Pocket Computers (67 files)

Sharp Articles (1 files)
          Sharp Programs (9 files)
          Sharp Pictures (32 files)
          Sharp Brochures (2 files)
          Sharp Book Reviews (6 files)
          Sharp Selected Threads (17 files)

If interested in any of those programs or materials I suggest you include in your site the relevant links to the ones in my site you want, giving me proper credit.

Again, welcome and if you have any further questions, just ask.
V.

All My Articles & other Materials here:  Valentin Albillo's HP Collection

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Sharp PC-1211/TRS-80 PC-1 Software - Valentin Albillo - 03-15-2021 01:53 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)